Normalization is the Process of Organizing the data in an efficient manner.Really Normalization evolves from the Database optimization perspective.Really a good Database design solves the 30 % of the Database Performance Issues.IT reduce redundancy of Data.Normally we are doing
3 levels of normalization
First Normal Form (1NF)
First normal form (1NF) sets the very basic rules for an organized database:
- Eliminate duplicative columns from the same table.
- Create separate tables for each group of related data and identify each row with a unique column or set of columns (the Primary key).
Second Normal Form (2NF)
Second normal form (2NF) further addresses the concept of removing duplicative data:
- Meet all the requirements of the first normal form.
- Remove subsets of data that apply to multiple rows of a table and place them in separate tables.
- Create relationships between these new tables and their predecessors through the use of foreign Keys.
Third Normal Form (3NF)
Third normal form (3NF) goes one large step further:
- Meet all the requirements of the second normal form.
- Remove columns that are not dependent upon the primary key.